Alzheimer’s disease is not a normal part of aging. It is a progressive and fatal brain disease that is the most common form of dementia.
The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease is a workshop, presented by the Alzheimer’s Association, for anyone who would like to know more about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
The workshop’s information includes:
- Symptoms and effects of Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia
- How Alzheimer’s affects the brain
- Causes and risk factors
- How to find out if it’s Alzheimer’s disease
- The benefits of early detection
- How to address a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease
- Stages of the disease
- Hope for the future
- Ways the Alzheimer’s Association can help
The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease workshop is perfect for community presentations, corporate employee wellness meetings, support group programming and more.
Find a presentation near you by visiting the Chapter’s events calendar. For more information on The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease, contact the Alzheimer’s Association at email@example.com or call 800.272.3900.
During the months of June and July, the Chapter is going to show you how you can Do A Little Big Thing to end Alzheimer’s. Stay tuned every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for another way to get involved with the cause and bring us closer to a cure.