Current Job Openings
Walk to End Alzheimer's® Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 16, 2015
This position will manage development and implementation of Walk to End Alzheimer’s®. Responsible for increasing revenue via creation, implementation and execution of fundraising events, donor cultivation, relationship management, volunteer recruitment and supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for achieving established revenue targets and maintaining expense budgets for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s events assigned with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget.
• Independently develop and follow a comprehensive Development plan for Walk to End Alzheimer’s events including budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, marketing/PR and logistics.
• Develop community contacts to recruit high level volunteer leadership on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s planning committee and garner community support.
• Responsible for ensuring the Walk to End Alzheimer’s has high-level leadership volunteers in place. Train, coach and develop Walk leadership volunteers to reach goals.
• Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Walk to End Alzheimer’s teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve the Chapter’s development goals.
• Ensure Walk volunteer committees are recruited, trained and developed on the established Walk to End Alzheimer’s timeline and utilizing best practices, resulting in the attainment of income and team goals.
• Ensure smooth integration of National Association and Chapter best practices, standards and guidelines.
• Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer’s Association mission and services, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
• Maintain relationships with key corporate sponsors year-round and insure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
• Work to develop a new network of high level contacts for the chapter and form new corporate alliances and partnerships.
• Act as primary logistics contact for assigned Walks including the management and maintenance of usage agreements and permits.
• Ensure timely, efficient and accurate data entry process and donation processing
• Use of independent judgment to manage the Walk websites and all related setup, reports and information
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Promote employee education sessions in local corporations in the community to generate awareness for our cause; to reach out to others; to give back to the corporate sector; and to open new doors for sponsorship opportunities.
• Assure compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
• Must abide by the ethical standards approved by the Alzheimer’s Association, Better Business Bureau and Association of Fundraising Professionals.
• Other assignments as requested by the Chief Development Director.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• 3-5 years demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers in a fundraising environment preferred
• Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
• Demonstrated success in the development and promotion of fundraising events or similar programs
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion and independent judgment in developing and adjusting Development Plan for Walk to End Alzheimer’s
• Ability to sell the Chapter’s programs and events to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, individual participants and volunteers
• Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of Chapter-wide or multi-state events preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
• Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
• Ability to travel occasionally throughout the Chapter area with some overnight and weekend travel required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED:
• Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic
• Self-starter, able to work independently and problem solve
• Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management
• Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
• Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community
• Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to multi-task
• Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with clients
EQUIPMENT / SOFTWARE:
• Multi-line telephone, conference phone, photocopier
• Microsoft Office
• Google Apps for Business: Mail, Calendar, Docs and Hangouts
• The Raiser’s Edge and/or other databases preferred
• Previous experience with Convio preferred
• Small, not-for-profit environment
• Local and regional travel
• Work may be stressful during periods of high volume or tight deadlines
• High volume of public contact
• Independent working conditions